Mood Elevator is an herbal anti-depressant. Many people have been able to get off anti-depressant drugs with this formula. It appears to increase digestive function, remove excess mucus, relax muscle spasms, strengthen the liver, reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate circulation. It seems to increase energy or chi and may be helpful for sadness, sagging spirits, anxiety, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Perilla Leaf is an aromatic herb which stimulates the digestion, thins mucous, reduces smooth muscle spasms and increases blood sugar. It has been used to treat asthma, diarrhea, constipation, colds, flu, indigestion and congestion.
- Saussurea increases the production of digestive fluids, increases blood circulation, relieves smooth muscle spasms, lowers blood pressure and relieves pain. It has been used to treat gastritis, chest pain, jaundice, gall stones, and diarrhea.
- Gambir acts as a sedative. It relieves muscle spasms, reduces fever, lowers blood pressure, slows respiration and calms heart rate. It has been used to treat epilepsy, hypertension, convulsion, nervous headaches, dizziness and anxiety.
- Bamboo Sap is a good expectorant, and astringent and is antiseptic. It promotes urinary flow and reduces swelling and fever. It has been used to treat respiratory infections, lung congestion, fainting, vomiting, and gastritis.
- Bupleurum acts as an anti-depressant. It regulates energy, promotes inner heat, relieves pain, reduces cholesterol and liver inflammation. It has been used for moodiness and sagging spirits.
- Pinellia dissolves phlegm, absorbs toxins, increases the production of digestive fluids and relieves muscle spasms. It has been used to treat sinus congestion, croup, and blood poisoning.
- Aurantium thins mucus and increases blood circulation. It has been used to treat angina pain, cough, colds, vomiting and lung congestion.
- Zhishi acts as an expectorant by thinning mucus and promoting production. It stimulates the production of digestive fluids and is energy regulating. It has been used to treat abdominal pain, constipation, indigestion, and vomiting.
- Ophiopogon promotes the production of mucus. It regenerates cells in the pancreas which produce insulin. It is an expectorant and reduces spasms and inflammation. It has been used to treat insomnia, nausea, heart disease and cough.
- Cyperus relieves smooth muscle spasms, increases the production of digestive fluids and relieves pain. It has been used to treat dyspepsia.
- Platycodon is an expectorant that thins mucus while increasing its production. It lowers blood sugar and cholesterol. It has been used to treat cough, poor digestion, inflammatory skin conditions, upper respiratory infections and sore throat.
- Ligusticum relieves muscle spasms, increases circulation and reduces pain and inflammation.
- Hoelen is a sedative and a diuretic. It has been used to lower blood sugar and to treat insomnia, water retention, hepatitis and heart palpitation.
- Coptis Root is an antiseptic and a laxative. It normalizes liver and spleen function. It relieves pain and inflammation and stimulates digestion. It has been used for hepatitis, ulcers and diabetes.
- Dong Quai is a mild sedative, an adaptagen and a general tonic. It relieves smooth muscle spasms and reduces pain and inflammation.
- Panax Ginseng is an general tonic. It is adaptogenic and sedative (high doses). It has been used to treat forgetfulness, fatigue and insomnia.
The following herbs are the catalysts of Mood Elevator:
- Licorice is a mild sedative. It is an expectorant which soothes inflamed membranes. It increases the energy of vital organs.
- Ginger has been used to lower blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure and to increase circulation and relieve spasms.