Suma Combination is used to assist the recuperative powers of the body. All the herbs are noted as tonics and have been used to increase endurance and longevity. In the short term, this formula is an adaptogen used to overcome the effects of anxiety and stress. With long term use, Suma combination enhances the function of the reproductive system as a tonic and vulnerary.
SUMA Combination has traditionally been used to treat stress disorders, prolonged illness, failing memory, epilepsy, senility, premature aging, sexual dysfunction and venereal disease.
- Suma is nicknamed "Brazilian ginseng" and is one of those herbs that has been used to treat almost everything from cancer to loss of energy. It has an acrid and sweet taste and is considered a nutritive herb. It has soothes the mucus membranes, strengthens the immune system, aids digestion and the production of new cells. It is reported to be a good source of organic germanium, scavenges free radicals and has anti-viral properties.
- Eleuthero root contains bitter compounds that help the body respond more quickly to stress. These compounds increase the production of DNA, RNA and proteins essential to all life processes. They also stimulate the adrenal, pancreas, and pituitary glands to lower blood sugar and reduce inflammation. Ginseng also increases the production of digestive fluids and is a mild sedative. It has been used to treat anemia, impotence, insomnia, diarrhea, fatigue, debility, weak digestion and failing memory.
- Ginkgo leaves contain bitter compounds (flavonoids) that decrease capillary permeability, thrombosis and platelet aggregation. These compounds increase peripheral blood flow and reduce inflammation. Ginkgo is an excellent herbal source of iron, calcium and vitamin C. it has been used to treat poor circulation, deafness, Alzheimer's disease and atherosclerosis.
- Astragalus root contains bitter compounds that increase the flow of urine, are antiseptic, increase the production of digestive fluids including bile and relieve muscle spasms. Astragalus also contains mucilaginous compounds that enhance immune response, increasing the production of lymphocytes and macro phages. The herb also increases heart action and Gotu Kola herb contains bitter compounds that have a sedative effect, dilate peripheral blood vessels and increase the flow of urine. It is an excellent herbal source of lowers blood pressure and blood sugar. It has been used to treat fatigue, debility, urinary tract infections, edema, nephritis, ulcers, prolapse of organs and night sweats.
- Gotu Kola herb contains bitter compounds that have a sedative effect, dilate peripheral blood vessels and increase the flow of urine. It is an excellent herbal source of niacin, calcium, magnesium, manganese, silicon and sodium. Gotu Kola has been used to treat insomnia, failing memory, schizophrenia, fever, headache and inflammatory skin conditions.